POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : 16-bit height field paint : 16-bit height field paint Server Time
10 Aug 2024 17:28:01 EDT (-0400)
  16-bit height field paint
From: Andrew Clinton
Date: 10 Nov 1999 16:40:24
Message: <3829E632.D0FD269D@ibm.net>
Hello,

I'm looking for a simple height field paint program that will export to
a 16-bit greyscale file (such as .pot, .tga, etc. as in the docs.)  I've
looked and looked but the only programs I've found that export 16-bit
greyscale images are fractal programs.  All that would be necessary in
the program would be a simple airbrush tool so that I could paint the
elevations with smooth transitions.  If anyone knows of such a program
please let me know!

Thank you,

Andrew Clinton